Founded in 1998, VMware brings virtual machine technology to industry standard computers. The company delivered VMware Workstation, its first product, in 1999; and in 2001, it entered the server market launching VMware ESX Server and VMware GSX Server. VMware established itself as the leader in virtual infrastructure technology by bringing in a novel class of data center capabilities. Near about 4 million users and nore than 20,000 corporate clients of all kinds and all sizes use VMware products.
The new accumulative VMware VPP (Volume Purchasing Program) provides additional, level-based discounts for VMware clients for 2 years. It also provides online tools, which VMware clients and their certified associates can use for tracking and managing VPP discounts and memberships.
- Receive monetary incentives on buying VMware software in volume with discounts on entitled license products
- Accomplish budget certainty as discounts are guaranteed for a period of 2 years
- Simplify acquisition of VMware software via standardized buying program Key features
- Accumulative Program where qualifying buying is aggregated over a rolling period of eight-quarter (in the form of 'Points')
- Discount earned automatically depending on purchase volumes
- User friendly online portals for membership registration and to track appropriate discounts
- Worldwide reliable program rules, which allows discount sharing between clients and their associates